Cycle path: Cheshire East responds

Genni Butler at Cheshire East Council has kindly forwarded my complaint to their highways department. Time will tell if they do anything to improve the situation. Meanwhile, if you have any complaints about road surfaces that you think need reporting then you can use their reporting tool at

Or, you can use CUK’s Fill that Hole app on your phone. If you haven’t tried it then it’s worth a go. It uses your phone’s GPS to record the location, and you can take pictures of the problem as well as describing it. A report is sent to a central database and forwarded automatically to the relevant local authority. I have used it in the past and the pothole in question was mended within about 10 days.